Interested community members are invited to sign up to receive Talk205 messages from the Elmhurst School District 205 Office of Communications and Public Relations. Talk205 is District 205's communication system, powered by SchoolMessenger.
Custodial parents/guardians of District 205 students, as well as District 205 staff are automatically included in messaging (both email and phone calls) sent through this system. Because Talk205 is connected to our Student Information System, parents need do nothing when students move grades or schools. Information will automatically be updated if you have already provided the District with an email address and phone number.
To submit items to be included in Talk205, please contact Bev Redmond, Executive Director of Communications and Public Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org
January 11, 2021
- Foundation 205 Virtual Showcase: Standing Strong for our Students - Feb. 6
- Important Winter Dates
- D205 Free Meal Pick-Up Services
- District D205 Parent Engagement Series Presents “Mindframes for Students, Mindframes for Parents” - Jan. 13
- City of Elmhurst Commission on Youth presents “Depression in Kids During COVID” - Jan. 14
- Thrive D205 Wellness and Mental Health Resources and Information
- Virtual Backpack
- ComEd Bill Assistance
- Free Internet/WiFI Services
Foundation 205 Virtual Showcase: Standing Strong for our Students - Feb. 6
Foundation 205 is hosting a Virtual Showcase: Standing Strong for our Students on February 6th at 7pm. The event is free to watch, but there are multiple opportunities to support BOTH our students and local businesses. Visit the website to register and get direct access to the live event link and online auction. The evening will feature national comedian Pat McGann, TikTok sensation Sofie Sanfillipo, and performances from York, Sandburg, and Edison. The event will run about 45 minutes and will also highlight teachers and students from across the district implementing grants supported by Foundation 205. The current needs of our students are even greater in this new educational landscape. The ability to respond with innovative resources and support will play a critical role in their success throughout this pandemic and beyond.
Important Winter Dates
- January 15, 2021 - Teacher Institute Day. No school for all students
- January 18, 2021 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day observed. No school for all students
D205 Free Meal Pick-Up Services
District 205 Food Services is helping connect school and families by offering Free meal kits for ALL children, ages 1-18! Seven days of meals (breakfast and lunch) is provided with each pickup. No pre-order or ID is required.
Pickup is Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:30-5:00 PM at the following locations:
- York High School, Main Entrance Door #3
- Bryan Middle School, East Entrance Door #13
- Churchville Middle School, Main Entrance Door #1
- Sandburg Middle School, Main Entrance Door #3
- January 11 - Meal pick up from 3:30-5 p.m. at all four locations
- January 13 - Meal pick up from 3:30-5 p.m. at all four locations
- January 18 - No Meal Pick Up
- January 20 - Meal pick up from 3:30-5 p.m. at all four locations
- January 25 - Meal pick up from 3:30-5 p.m. at all four locations
- January 27 - Meal pick up from 3:30-5 p.m. at all four locations
Please help everyone to stay safe by wearing your mask and staying inside your car (roll down back windows or open the trunk to receive the meal kits). Thank you!
District D205 Parent Engagement Series Presents “Mindframes for Students, Mindframes for Parents” - Jan. 13
District 205 Parent Engagement Series Presents
“Mindframes for Students, Mindframes for Parents” 6:30 p.m., Jan. 13, 2021 Via Zoom
The Distance Learning Playbook for Parents, Chapter 4 Register
Session Description: As your students are learning at home, it offers a unique opportunity into their world of learning. This session will focus on understanding how students can monitor their own progress, how parents can challenge their students appropriately, and how to gradually release responsibility for learning during the course of the year.
Did you miss “That’s Not How I Learned It!” - Distance Learning Playbook for Parents, Chapter 2? Catch the replay here.
City of Elmhurst Commission on Youth presents “Depression in Kids During COVID” - Jan. 14
The City of Elmhurst Commission on Youth is hosting a series of “Youth Issues During Covid”. The next virtual live event is: “Depression in Kids During Covid”. Sponsored by Amita Health and Dr. Jason Washburn.
Thursday, January 14th, 7:00-8:30pm
When is the change of mood we are seeing in kids considered temporary stress? When is it something you need to take action on where it could be the onset of a mental health disorder? We will cover emotional/behavioral difficulties related to covid and remote/hybrid learning. Many kids are struggling. Anger outbursts, strong mood fluctuations, and isolating are some areas parents are having concern.
The free event will take place live on the Elmhurst TV YouTube channel. For the Q&A portion at the end, please email any questions to Jackie.Haddad-Tamer@elmhurst.org
Thrive D205 Wellness & Mental Health Resources
Thrive D205 School & Community Wellness Partnership is a wellness and mental health initiative launched by Elmhurst Community Unit School District 205 in 2019. The effort is designed to start a community conversation and create a subsequent plan to better understand, support, and reduce the stress levels among students in our school community. Click here to discover the Thrive D205 resources page.
Looking for non-profit, community activities or information that is fun and educational for students? Check out the D205 Virtual Backpack page.
ComEd Bill Assistance
If you are aware of staff members or families that could benefit from additional support, we ask that you share this information with them and have them call ComEd immediately at 1-800-EDISON1 (1-800-334-7661), M-F, 7am-7pm. Customers can also visit ComEd.com/Support to learn more about the following payment assistance options and eligibility requirements:
- CARE Customer Hardship Grants
- COVID-19 Financial Bill Assistance
- Flexible, Extended Payment Arrangements
- Waiver of New Deposits and Fee Relief
- State and Federal Financial Energy Assistance
Free Internet/WiFi Services
In need of free or low-cost internet/WiFi services? Please click here.