Verification of Residency
RESIDENCY VERIFICATION PROCEDURES AND REQUIRED FORMS
Parents/guardians of incoming 9th graders and other individuals whose circumstances require re-verification of residency (such as an expiring lease) must present certain documents to verify their residency.
Typically we would require all original documentation be presented in person, however, because of the current situation, we will accept documents in the following manner:
- You can scan your lease and two additional proofs of residency (see below) to Cathy Wassmann at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be mindful that your lease must reflect that you are residing within our District's boundaries on the first day of school.
- OR you may bring in copies of your documents to the District 205 Center, 162 S. York, and put in the drop box located in the vestibule of the building between the hours of 8 a.m. and noon, Monday through Friday.
When submitting documentation, please include the name, grade and school of all children that will be in attendance during the 2020-2021 school year. Please note that if there are questions regarding your lease, we may reach out to you or call your landlord for verification. Failure to provide proof of residency will result in the student's schedule being pulled and course selections removed.
If you are unable to do either of the preferred methods above, walk-in residency verification dates and times have been established. Parents can bring verification to the Academic Wing of York High School (355 St. Charles Road) between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. on one of the following dates:
- Wednesday, July 8th
- Monday, July 13th
- Tuesday, July 21st
- Tuesday, July 28th
Please be advised that social distancing practices will be enforced and masks will be required.
proofs of residency
A total of three proofs of residency are required as outlined below. Please contact the registration staff if you are having trouble collecting required documents.
One of the following for the residence at which the student(s) reside(s):
- A current real estate bill showing parent/guardian as the owner
- A current original signed lease showing the parent/guardian as the tenant
- A current mortgage statement showing the parent/guardian as the owner
Two of the following showing the address for the residence at which the student(s) reside:
|PREFERRED DOCUMENTS||ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS|
|A current gas bill||A current driver’s license (or State ID card)|
|A current electric bill||A current home or apartment insurance certificate|
|A current water/sewer bill||A current Department of Immigration Letter|
|A current cable bill|
Please note the following:
- Original documents must be presented. We will copy your documents on the spot and return the originals to you.
- Partial documentation will not be accepted. All documents must be presented in order to be processed unless registration staff has authorized other documentations in their sole discretion.