Kindergarten and New-to-First-Grade
Parents/guardians must bring the following documents to their home school to enroll their child, if available. Please contact the registration staff if you are having trouble collecting required documents.
- Photo ID of the person registering the student or student photo ID if over age 18.
- Three proofs of residency:
- One of the following:
- Original Mortgage statement,
- Original signed lease agreement,
- Original or most recent real estate tax bill
- Two of the following documents:
- Original current Illinois Driver's License (or State ID card)
- Original current utility bill (gas, electric,, sewer/water, cable)
- Original current Department of Immigration letter or current Immigration Card
- Original current home/apartment insurance certificate
- One of the following:
Photo ID of the person registering the student. This allows us to clearly identify the person enrolling the student and their relationship to the student.
The student’s original birth certificate with embossed seal.
Any existing Legal Custody/Guardianship documents – If there are any legal documents pertaining to custody of the student, a copy of that documentation must be provided. This includes divorce decrees and temporary legal guardianship papers.
D205 Kindergarten Registration - D205 is fortunate to offer several kindergarten program options: traditional half-day; dual language; and all-day kindergarten, which is fully implemented at all elementary schools. To accommodate the registration process for kindergarten, D205 opens up registration on November 1st.
Families outside of the Conrad Fisher boundaries will have the opportunity to enter into a lottery for the Dual-Language program. To be considered for the Dual-Language lottery, you must register by November 18th.
However, if you missed the November registration window, please contact your home school.
- To determine your home school, visit our interactive boundary map.
- For a listing of required new student enrollment documents, click here.
If you have any questions, contact your home school. Please share this news with parents of incoming kindergarten students who turn five on or before September 1.
Here is what you should know:
- Who: All parents whose child will turn five on or before September 1.
- What: Registration for Kindergarten at your home school.
- Final Step: Complete registration with the following documentation:
New to First Grade
Please see our new student enrollment information here.