Kindergarten and New-to-First-Grade
Parents/guardians must bring the following documents to their home school to enroll their child, if available. Please contact the registration staff if you are having trouble collecting required documents.
- Photo ID of the person registering the student or student photo ID if over age 18.
- Three proofs of residency:
- One of the following:
- Original Mortgage statement,
- Original signed lease agreement,
- Original or most recent real estate tax bill
- Two of the following documents:
- Original current Illinois Driver's License (or State ID card)
- Original current utility bill (gas, electric,, sewer/water, cable)
- Original current Department of Immigration letter or current Immigration Card
- Original current home/apartment insurance certificate
- One of the following:
Photo ID of the person registering the student. This allows us to clearly identify the person enrolling the student and their relationship to the student.
The student’s original birth certificate with embossed seal.
Any existing Legal Custody/Guardianship documents – If there are any legal documents pertaining to custody of the student, a copy of that documentation must be provided. This includes divorce decrees and temporary legal guardianship papers.
D205 Kindergarten Registration - D205 is fortunate to offer several options for kindergarten: traditional half-day; dual language; and a new all-day kindergarten program that is being phased in starting in the 2020-21 school year. To accommodate interest in all of our kindergarten programs, D205 held kindergarten registration in mid-October for the Dual Language and All Day Kindergarten lottery. ADK registration is now closed. Deposits are due November 22, 2019 for those obtaining an ADK seat via the lottery.
However, families may still enroll their incoming kindergarten student for half-day programs. To register, click the button below.
Here is what you should know:
- Who: All parents whose child will turn five on or before September 1. This online registration is only for incoming kindergarten students.
- What: Registration for Half-Day Kindergarten
- Final Step: Complete registration with the following documentation:
Learn More About the New D205 All-Day Kindergarten Program.
Half-day options will continue to be available at all D205 schools. In addition, the District will begin offering all day kindergarten as early as 2020-21, phasing in the program ahead of schedule and completing the phase-in by the start of the 2024-25 school year. Learn more...
New to First Grade
Please see our new student enrollment information here.