YORK HIGH SCHOOL FOLLOW-UP PROCEDURE
Parent/Guardian contact is Assistant Principal, Mrs. Melissa Moore
Once the above forms have been submitted and parents have completed the online registration process, Ms. Moore will set up a meeting with the incoming student and their counselor to complete the enrollment process. Ms. Moores contact information: Phone 630 617-2420, Fax 630 617-2399.
At that meeting Mrs. Moore will:
- Discuss matters related to the student’s academic record or placement including the need for Special Services, ESL or other special issues related to the student.
- Have the student sign the agenda planner.
- Discuss busing, financial assistance, lunch programs, and the cost of books.
- Obtain any missing records or information.
- Give the student and parent a brief tour of the school.
Mrs. Moore will then take the student to a counselor who will:
- Determine student’s level placement in classes and finalize the student’s schedule.
- Analyze transcripts for past credits and attempt to find detailed descriptions of courses from previous school.
- Give the student the Course Selection Guide and discuss electives at York.
- Give York student/parent guides to family.
- Give the parent PowerSchool log-in information.
- Set up the new student with a York Student Ambassador.