Upcoming Parent Meeting
State of D205 Special Education Services
D205 Student Services Administrators and our new Superintendent will present improvements and plans for this school year.
Hear from administrators who handle K-5, 6-12, York, Outplacement as they answer:
- What improvements have been made over the last 18 months?
- What improvements are your area's top 2-3 priorities for this school year?
Join us for this remote meeting on...
Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Managing School Transitions for your Student
Check out these resources as you plan for your student's transition from one grade or building to another.
- Moving from Middle School to York High School
- Moving from Elementary School to Middle School
- Moving from Madison Early Childhood to Elementary School
- D205 Special Education presentation (starts at 27:00)
SERG MISSION - Empowering This Generation and The Next
To support parents of children with special needs from ages 3 to 21 by...
- Educating families within District 205 to increase awareness and gain support for individuals with disabilities in our community.
- Connecting parents, educators and administrators to increase understanding and collaboration.
- Providing information about resources in our community
- Sponsoring programs on a variety of topics related to special education.
- Providing resources for parents on topics of services, policies and procedures for children with special needs.
SERG is organized and funded by the District 205 PTA Council.
If you would like to receive SERG news, please subscribe to the SERG Communication List here.
SERG Representative Responsibilities
Are you interested in volunteering at your child's school, but have little time? Do you like sharing Special Education resources with fellow parents?
Being a SERG representative is an easy way of supporting your school community!
As a SERG school rep, you will be asked to do the following:
- Gather parent feedback, questions, and issues about Special Education topics at your school.
- Attend meetings to provide SERG information and to gather parent feedback:
- Attend your school’s PTA meetings (monthly)
- Attend SERG rep meetings (every 6-8 weeks)
- Attend SERG parent meetings (a few times a year)
- Distribute SERG information:
- Submit SERG program information for the principal’s weekly newsletter.
- Submit SERG program information for the PTA President’s weekly email.
- Share SERG info with Resource Teachers and Special Education Teachers at your school and ask them to pass along to students and/or their room parents.
- Partner with your school’s PTA committees to make events accessible to all students.
If you're interested in joining SERG as a rep, contact the current rep listed above or your school's PTA President.