Coming up: January 2023 Parent Meeting
All D205 parents are invited to a SERG webinar to hear about Special Education Snapshots. Each speaker will share helpful information and the latest updates about these resources for our kids.
Assistive Technology Options
This 75-minute webinar will be facilitated via Zoom and allow for parent Q&A. The session will be recorded and published on the D205 SERG website.
Join on January 23, 2023 @ 7pm via Zoom.
October 2022 Parent Meeting
What's New in D205 Special Education Services
Thanks to everyone for joining our parent meeting!
Managing School Transitions for your Student
Check out these resources as you plan for your student's transition from one grade or building to another.
- Moving from Middle School to York High School
- Moving from Elementary School to Middle School
- Moving from Madison Early Childhood to Elementary School
SERG MISSION - Empowering This Generation and The Next
To support parents of children with special needs from ages 3 to 21 by...
- Educating families within District 205 to increase awareness and gain support for individuals with disabilities in our community.
- Connecting parents, educators and administrators to increase understanding and collaboration.
- Providing information about resources in our community
- Sponsoring programs on a variety of topics related to special education.
- Providing resources for parents on topics of services, policies and procedures for children with special needs.
SERG is organized and funded by the District 205 PTA Council.
If you would like to receive SERG news, please subscribe to the SERG Communication List here.
SERG PARENT REPRESENTATIVES 2022-2023
|SERG Co-Chair||Elena Cutri|
|SERG Co-Chair||Mary Young|
|Edi-Field||Jen Kasten Dotson|
SERG Representative Responsibilities
Are you interested in volunteering at your child's school, but have little time? Do you like sharing Special Education resources with fellow parents?
Being a SERG representative is an easy way of supporting your school community!
As a SERG school rep, you will be asked to do the following:
- Gather parent feedback, questions, and issues about Special Education topics at your school.
- Attend meetings to provide SERG information and to gather parent feedback:
- Attend your school’s PTA meetings (monthly)
- Attend SERG rep meetings (every 6-8 weeks)
- Attend SERG parent meetings (a few times a year)
- Distribute SERG information:
- Submit SERG program information for the principal’s weekly newsletter.
- Submit SERG program information for the PTA President’s weekly email.
- Share SERG info with Resource Teachers and Special Education Teachers at your school and ask them to pass along to students and/or their room parents.
- Partner with your school’s PTA committees to make events accessible to all students.
If you're interested in joining SERG as a rep, contact the current rep listed above or your school's PTA President.