You will receive updates as subscribers.
From our newsletters, expect to hear about the following for the 2019-2020 school calendar (along with other good information):
1. Open Monthly Meetings (usually the 2nd Friday, 8:30-10:00 a.m. with a likely quarterly afternoon meeting), Sandburg Middle School, Maker Space, often with guests from D205 Administration and parent/student panels. An agenda is followed and we value our parent to parent exchanges.
2. Parent Informational Meetings (generally 3) led by D205 REACH Coordinator and/or D205 STEM Director. Focus is on program overview and an understanding of math pathways. Q&A time is emphasized and time is allocated for just this purpose.
3. Social events - we had our first this past year and we received positive feedback from parents, especially those new to the program so one this year is likely.
4. Workshops/programs to help meet specific needs/wants identified from our Parent Group, and open to all D205 students, e.g. our first Freshman Readiness Program (May 4, 2019) along with plans for an in-depth study skills workshop, Sept. 28, 2019.
5. Donations (approx. $50-100* per school) is given by our group directly back to our REACH teachers, supplementing their curriculum e.g. math games, books, and other resources. *Our funds come directly from our local elementary and middle school PTA's. We do not have a membership (and corresponding dues) nor do we fundraise, in general. The specific amount donated back to teachers is dependent upon the current group's plans for the year.
6. Middle School Math League fees, paid for (with plans to continue to help support and foster leagues in our elementary schools)
7. Valuable Resources published on our website.
Thank you to all our REACH parents for their time, talents and resources! Won't you be a part of what we've accomplished and where we're going? Come join us at our monthly meetings! We look forward to continuing to make a positive difference in the lives of our children.
REACH Parent Group