Past REACH Parent Group Events
- D205 REACH Parent Info. Mtg. #3, Deb Lee - Mar. 13, 2019
- D205 REACH Parent Info. Mtg. #2, Math Pathways, Deb Lee - Feb. 13, 2019
- D205 REACH Parent Info. Mtg. #1, Deb Lee - Oct. 3, 2018
- D205 STEM Presentation, Dave Beedy, Oct. 12, 2018
- Executive Function, Dr. Bozeday, 2017-18
Thank you for all who could attend! If you didn't make it, no worries! Find the presentation HERE.
Program Description: The presentation, held in Sandburg's Library (note new location), will cover a program overview, identification, expectations, appeals process, and more with an added focus on those families who received notice on February 1st that their student will be joining REACH (or for parents who want to understand the identification and appeal process better.) Invited speaker is Deb Lee, District Director of Curriculum and REACH Coordinator.
Thank you to all those who were able to join us for the Math Pathways, PARENT INFORMATIONAL MEETING presented on Wednesday, February 13. Please find the presentation HERE.
(Note, Dave Beedy was scheduled to present but due to illness, Deb Lee presented in his absence.)
The REACH PTA invites you to an Informational Parent Meeting to discuss the Middle School Math Pathway including the transition into High School and Beyond, Wednesday, February 13th at 7pm, Sandburg Auditorium (doors 3 & 7 will be open). Invited speakers include Dave Beedy, District STEM coordinator and Deb Lee, District REACH coordinator.
ALL are welcome!
D205 REACH PARENT INFORMATIONAL MEETING
Thank you to Deb Lee, D205 Director of Curriculum and REACH Coordinator who spoke to parents at our first of three REACH Parent Informational Meetings on Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at Sandburg Middle School. She provided a program overview, identification, expectations, appeals, with content focused on new-to-REACH families. You’ll find her presentation here.
D205 STEM PRESENTATION
Thank you to Dave Beedy, D205 Director of STEM Education who spoke to our parent group at our Friday, Oct. 12, 2018 monthly meeting. He shared ways as a district, we are beginning to use STEM ideas in K-8 to create interdisciplinary projects aligned with grade level (and above level) standards. You’ll find his presentation here.
Dr. Bozeday Executive Function Parent Series 2017-18, presented by REACH PTA and made possible by a grant from the District 205 Foundation.
1) "The Organized Child: Building Executive Functions” Intermediate and Middle School Parents (4th – 8th Grade)
Presented on Wednesday, December 6, 2017. A copy of this presentation handout can be downloaded here.
2) "Helping Young Children Organize Their World” Early Childhood Parents (PreK-3rd Grade). Presented on Thursday, January 18, 2018
3) "Parenting to Promote a Growth Mindset" Presented on March 8th, 2018. A copy of this presentation handout can be downloaded here.
4) "The Twenty-first Century Teenage Brain"