Parent & Student Resources
Last updated 9/12/2021
Below you will find resources for both gifted students and their parents.
If you would like to recommend additional resources to be shared with our parents, please contact your REACH Rep.
* Denotes a resource created by, run by, and/or supported by current York High School students or alumni.
- The Center for Gifted
- D205 Project Lead the Way Summer Program
- D205 Summer Fine Arts Enrichment Program
- Dominican University
- Duke TIP
- Elements of Mathematics
- Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy (IMSA)
- The Institute for Educational Advancement (IEA)
- John Hopkins Center for Talented Youth
- Northwestern Center for Talent Development (CTD)
- Basic Recipe for Parent Advocates
- Best, Brightest — and Saddest?
- Educating an Original Thinker
- Existential Depression in Gifted Children
- The Gift of Emotional Overexcitabilities
- Harnessing the Power of Productive Struggle
- How Parents Can Support Girls' Academic Success in STEM
- How Parents of Talented Children Hold the Line Between Supporting and Pushing
- How to Raise a Creative Child. Step One: Back Off
- How to Raise an Adult
- ‘Impossible’ Homework Assignment? Let Your Child Do It
- NCTM - National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, Executive Summary, Catalyzing Change in High School Mathematics
- Online Libraries from Organizations
- Two Lessons on How to Support Gifted Kids
- Underachievers Under-the-Radar: How Seemingly Successful Gifted Students Fall Short of Their Potential
- Watch Carol Dweck's Speech: 'The Journey to a Growth Mindset' (Video)
- Why I Pulled My Son Out of a School for 'Gifted' Kids