Parent & Student Resources
Last updated 9/12/2021
Below you will find resources for both gifted students and their parents.
If you would like to recommend additional resources to be shared with our parents, please contact your REACH Rep.
* Denotes a resource created by, run by, and/or supported by current York High School students or alumni.
- The Center for Gifted
- D205 Project Lead the Way Summer Program
- D205 Summer Fine Arts Enrichment Program
- Dominican University
- Duke TIP
- Elements of Mathematics
- Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy (IMSA)
- The Institute for Educational Advancement (IEA)
- John Hopkins Center for Talented Youth
- Northwestern Center for Talent Development (CTD)
- Online Libraries from Organizations
- How to Raise an Adult
- NCTM - National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, Executive Summary, Catalyzing Change in High School Mathematics
- Watch Carol Dweck's Speech: 'The Journey to a Growth Mindset' (Video)
- How to Raise a Creative Child. Step One: Back Off
- Existential Depression in Gifted Children
- Educating an Original Thinker
- The Gift of Emotional Overexcitabilities
- Underachievers under-the-radar: How seemingly successful gifted students fall short of their potential
- Two Lessons on How to Support Gifted Kids
- Basic Recipe for Parent Advocates
- Best, Brightest — and Saddest?
- Why I pulled my son out of a school for 'gifted' kids
- How Parents Can Support Girls' Academic Success in STEM
- How parents of talented children hold the line between supporting and pushing
- Harnessing the Power of Productive Struggle
- ‘Impossible’ Homework Assignment? Let Your Child Do It