Reach Parent Group
NEW TO REACH?
WHO WE ARE
REACH Parent Group (a committee of the D205 PTA Council) is a parent group dedicated to supporting gifted and talented programs (grades 3-8) in District 205 and encouraging higher level educational opportunities for ALL District 205 students. Our areas of focus include:
- Providing parent and student resources for gifted and advanced learners
- Organizing advocacy at local and national levels
- Sponsoring and/or promoting academic-based extra-curricular activities that are accessible to all students
- Collaborating with REACH teachers to provide additional resources and student opportunities.
- D205 REACH
- D205 BOE Calendar
- Foundation 205
- District Contacts:
PTA Council updates
- Sarah Jensen, REACH Chair
Hello D205 REACH Parents!
Click on a topic to see further details:
- Next REACH Parent Group Meeting, October 20
- Summer 2022 "New to REACH" Parent Meetings Presentation
- Last REACH Parent Group Meeting, September 15
Last updated: September 22, 2022
We hope you can join us for our next meeting on Thursday, October 20. The meeting will take place on Zoom and will either be in the afternoon or evening (time is speaker dependent). Stay tuned for further details.
There were two sessions for families new to REACH for the math and/or ELA program in the 2022-2023 school year. Both meetings provided the same information: an overview of REACH programming, expectations, summer bridge opportunities and answers any questions parents may have. All of the information reviewed will also be posted on D205's REACH website. See the REACH Program Overview Presentation that was shared at the meeting for details.
Our first in-person meeting of the year took place on Thursday, September 15th from 1-2pm in Conference Room 215 at the District Office (162 S. York). Please see the agenda. There were 2 main areas of focus for this meeting:
- Dave Beedy, D205 Director of STEM, provided our group with an overview of the D205 EUREKA math curriculum, why it is taught the way it is and how parents can support student development at home.
- We reviewed the role and priorities for the REACH REPS and REACH Parent Group as whole for the 2022-23 school year.
See Mr. Beedy's presentation, and stay tuned for meeting minutes.