Reach Parent Group
NEW TO REACH?
WHO WE ARE
REACH Parent Group (a committee of the D205 PTA Council) is a parent group dedicated to supporting gifted and talented programs (grades 3-8) in District 205 and encouraging higher level educational opportunities for ALL District 205 students. Our areas of focus include:
- Providing parent and student resources for gifted and advanced learners
- Organizing advocacy at local and national levels
- Sponsoring and/or promoting academic-based extra-curricular activities that are accessible to all students
- Collaborating with REACH teachers to provide additional resources and student opportunities.
- D205 REACH
- D205 BOE Calendar
- Foundation 205
- District Contacts:
PTA Council updates
- Sarah Jensen, REACH Chair
Hello D205 REACH Parents!
Click on a topic to see further details:
- Next REACH Parent Group Meeting, October 14, 7-8 pm
- REACH Parent Group Kick Off Meeting, September 9th, 1-2 pm
- Welcome to Kerry Leuschel, Director of Instructional Services
- Meet the new 2021-22 REACH Parent Group Chairperson
- New to REACH Parent Info Night (Aug 23) Presentation Posted
Last updated: 9/12/21
The next RPG Meeting will take place on Thursday, October 14th over Zoom from 7-8 pm. During this meeting, teachers will share enrichment work & best practices, and more info on REACH identification Rubrics will be shared. All parents are welcome. Please join us!
The REACH Parent Group kick off in-person meeting for the 2021-22 school year took place on Thursday, September 9th, 1-2 pm, at the District Office, 162 S. York, in conference room 217. The meeting minutes are posted on the RPG Meetings webpage.
We are excited to welcome Kerry Leuschel to District 205 as the Director of Curriculum and Instructional Supports. She will also serve as the D205 contact person for the REACH Parent Group. Please join us in welcoming Kerry!
“Hi REACH families! Prior to joining D205 as Director of Curriculum & Instructional Supports, I worked in CPS for the last 12 years as a teacher, Assistant Principal, and most recently as the Principal of George Westinghouse College Prep for the last 3 years. I am excited to work with you and support your students!” - Kerry
Meet Sarah Jensen, 2021-2022 REACH Parent Group Chairperson! We are honored to welcome Sarah Jensen as our new Chairperson.