Reach Parent Group
NEW TO REACH?
WHO WE ARE
REACH Parent Group (a committee of the D205 PTA Council) is a parent group dedicated to supporting gifted and talented programs (grades 3-8) in District 205 and encouraging higher level educational opportunities for ALL District 205 students. Our areas of focus include:
- Providing parent and student resources for gifted and advanced learners
- Organizing advocacy at local and national levels
- Sponsoring and/or promoting academic-based extra-curricular activities that are accessible to all students
- Collaborating with REACH teachers to provide additional resources and student opportunities.
Hello D205 REACH Parents!
Click on a topic to see further details:
- Upcoming Executive Function Speaker Series
- Student Enrichment Opportunities
- Subscribe to the REACH Parent Group Communication List (new subscription through ParentSquare)
- No January REACH Parent Group Meeting
- Summer 2022 "New to REACH" Parent Meetings Presentation
- Last REACH Parent Group Meeting, December 15
Last updated: January 31, 2022
Empower your student to realize their potential! Join us for a not-to-be-missed 3 Part Parent Speaker Series on Executive Function. We are excited to welcome Dr. Bozeday, an expert on executive function and Assistant Professor at Rush University Medical Center, to help us better understand and address challenges facing today’s students. Learn practical ways to help develop executive function skills at home and in school.
REGISTER NOW for this 3 Part Speaker Series:
- EDUCATE: Wednesday, February 15th, 6:30pm - 7:30pm
- ENGAGE: Wednesday, March 15th, 6:30pm - 7:30pm
- EMPOWER: Wednesday, April 19th, 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Thank you to the PTA Council, Foundation 205, REACH and SERG Parent Groups for bringing this event to our community! Note: Please register even if you are not able to attend every webinar live - links to the recorded webinars will be provided to all who register.
Thank you to Leanne Rider, Field Elementary School REACH teacher, for sharing this information on ways to continue to support student learning outside of the classroom.
The Center for Gifted continues to have class opportunities locally as well.
There will be NO REACH PG meeting in January 2023; instead, please plan to attend our executive function parent speaker series happening in February, March and April.
Note: To ensure you are receiving REACH Parent Group newsletters via ParentSquare, please subscribe to the REACH Parent Group Communication List.
There were two sessions for families new to REACH for the math and/or ELA program in the 2022-2023 school year. Both meetings provided the same information: an overview of REACH programming, expectations, summer bridge opportunities and answers any questions parents may have. All of the information reviewed will also be posted on D205's REACH website. See the REACH Program Overview Presentation that was shared at the meeting for details.
Our last REACH PG meeting was on Thursday, December 15. Please see our December meeting minutes, including important information on the REACH identification process, REACH placement timeline, identification rubrics and the appeals process. Also, thanks to Jen Zacharias, our guest speaker from "Beyond the Classroom". Her presentation and workshop info are also included in our December meeting minutes.