Reach Parent Group
PER D205 3/12/20 ANNOUNCEMENT - ALL REACH PARENT GROUP ACTIVITIES ARE SUSPENDED.
Thank you for your support and understanding as District 205 continues to navigate the current COVID-19 health situation.
Please find links to recent informational meetings and/or workshops below:
- Feb. 14 Monthly meeting, "Keeping Math Fun!" by Dave Beedy
- Jan. 13 Parent Info. Night #3 of 4, "Appeals" by Leslie Weber.
- Dec. 13 Monthly meeting, "Freshman Course Selection" - Tips from REACH Parents
- Nov. 7 #2 of 4, "Parent Evening Info" Nights - "Math Pathways"; Links found here: by Dave Beedy plus Appeals by Leslie Weber
- Sept. 28 MS Study Skills Workshop
- Sept. 12, #1 of 4, Fall Parent Info. Meeting - REACH Program Overview
- Sept. 12, Fall Parent Info Meeting - REACH Program Analysis Overview
- May 4, Freshman Readiness Program - 3 links: Program, Study Skills and Executive Functioning
If you missed the ThriveD205 kickoff with the fantastic and exuberant author, Julie Lythcott-Haims, don't fret! Come to a meeting and join us as we incorporate many of her "words of wisdom" throughout the school year. But be sure to get a copy of the book ;-)
Study Skills Workshop A Success!
On Saturday, Sept. 28, a group of 8th and 9th grade students participated in a pilot program centered around study skills presented by the REACH Parent Group. The program was led by Theresa Robinson, PhD, Elmhurst College.
Initial feedback from the participants was largely positive. The large majority of participants — 88% — said they would take action on at least one thing they learned during the session and that the program provided them with new information on how to improve their study skills.
The Reach Parent Group will discuss the results and ideas on how to further the conversation as part of the next Reach Parent Group meeting on Thurs. Oct. 17 at 1:30 in the Sandburg Maker Space. All are invited to join the discussion.
Click here for details on the presentation.
REACH PARENT GROUP
REACH Parent Group (formerly REACH PTA) is a parent group dedicated to supporting gifted and talented programs (grades 3-8) in District 205 and encouraging higher level educational opportunities for ALL District 205 students. Our area of focus includes:
- Providing parent and student resources for gifted and advanced learners
- Organizing advocacy at local and national levels
- Sponsoring and/or promoting academic-based extra-curricular activities that are accessible to all students
- Collaborating with REACH teachers to provide additional resources and student opportunities.
THANK YOU VIDEO
The REACH PTA sent out a THANK YOU video developed by REACH students and parents to the School Board Members. This video was a simple way to show our gratitude for the REACH program. Check out the video here!