Reach Parent Group
NEW TO REACH?
WHO WE ARE
REACH Parent Group (a committee of the D205 PTA Council) is a parent group dedicated to supporting gifted and talented programs (grades 3-8) in District 205 and encouraging higher level educational opportunities for ALL District 205 students. Our areas of focus include:
- Providing parent and student resources for gifted and advanced learners
- Organizing advocacy at local and national levels
- Sponsoring and/or promoting academic-based extra-curricular activities that are accessible to all students
- Collaborating with REACH teachers to provide additional resources and student opportunities.
- D205 REACH
- D205 BOE Calendar
- Foundation 205
- District Contacts:
PTA Council updates
- Sarah Jensen, REACH Chair
Hello D205 REACH Parents!
Click on a topic to see further details:
- Next REACH Parent Group Meeting, May 12
- REACH Identification and Appeals Process Info & Dates
- Last REACH Parent Group Meeting, April 14
- Welcome to Kerry Leuschel, Director of Instructional Services
- Meet the new 2021-22 REACH Parent Group Chairperson
Last updated: 5/7/22
Please join us for the last REACH Parent Group Meeting of the school year on Thursday, May 12 at 1 pm via Zoom (Meeting ID: 885 9233 5509, Passcode: 066286). Please see agenda. The focus of the meeting will be to lock in our REACH school reps and discuss strategic priorities for the 2022-2023 school year. ALL parents are welcome - we hope you can join us!
- Notifications for initial identification were sent out by Friday, February 18th.
- The appeals application for all grade levels was available Tuesday, February 22 - March 1.
- The appeals process is currently underway. You can find most current rubrics and detailed information on the REACH section of the District website.
Please refer to our December meeting minutes where Kerry Leuschel shared important updates to the rubrics and appeals process. You can always find the most current rubrics and detailed information on the REACH section of the District website.
Our last REACH Parent Group Meeting was on Thursday, April 14 at 6:30 pm via Zoom. The focus of this meeting was to share and celebrate some of the great REACH work being done in Middle Schools. We had 2 Middle School teachers joining us to share some great work being done: Mr. Dahlman (from Sandburg) and Ms. Bolur (from Bryan). Please click for minutes and copies of Mr. Dahlman’s ELA Passion Project and Ms. Bolur’s Math Enrichment slides.
We are excited to welcome Kerry Leuschel to District 205 as the Director of Curriculum and Instructional Supports. She will also serve as the D205 contact person for the REACH Parent Group. Please join us in welcoming Kerry!
“Hi REACH families! Prior to joining D205 as Director of Curriculum & Instructional Supports, I worked in CPS for the last 12 years as a teacher, Assistant Principal, and most recently as the Principal of George Westinghouse College Prep for the last 3 years. I am excited to work with you and support your students!” - Kerry
Meet Sarah Jensen, 2021-2022 REACH Parent Group Chairperson! We are honored to welcome Sarah Jensen as our new Chairperson.