Reach Parent Group
WHO WE ARE
REACH Parent Group (a committee of the D205 PTA Council) is a parent group dedicated to supporting gifted and talented programs (grades 3-8) in District 205 and encouraging higher level educational opportunities for ALL District 205 students. Our areas of focus include:
- Providing parent and student resources for gifted and advanced learners
- Organizing advocacy at local and national levels
- Sponsoring and/or promoting academic-based extra-curricular activities that are accessible to all students
- Collaborating with REACH teachers to provide additional resources and student opportunities.
- D205 REACH
- D205 BOE Calendar
- Foundation 205
- District Contacts:
PTA Council updates
Thrive205 – A School & Community Wellness Partnership
THANK YOU VIDEO
The REACH PTA sent out a THANK YOU video developed by REACH students and parents to the School Board Members. This video was a simple way to show our gratitude for the REACH program. Check out the video here!
Hello D205 REACH Parents!
Click on a topic to see further details:
- Updated! New to REACH Parent Info Nights - Presentation Posted from June and August Meeting Schedule
- Updated for 2021-22! REACH School Representatives
- Updated! Enrichment and Parent Resources - including summer 2021 programs!
- REACH Summer Bridge Program (3rd through 8th graders new to REACH)
- Summer Bridge Program (for ALL 8th graders going to York)
- Meet the new 2021-22 REACH Parent Group Chairperson
- Recording of REACH Appeal Information Meeting (occurred on April 5, 2021)
- Updates about D205 proposed changes to REACH Program
- Final Reach Parent Meeting of the 2020-21 school year (May 14, 2021)
Last updated: 6/4/21
REACH Summer Bridge courses for math will be offered to those students who are new to the REACH math program in grades 3 through 8 next school year. Summer Bridge will take place June 14-July 23. It is an optional course and students will be assigned specific tasks through Khan Academy that will help them bridge some of the skills they will need for the upcoming school year. It is a self-paced course that will be completely online. A teacher will be assigned to students and available weekly to work through and support students as needed through virtual office hours. Information will be sent to all eligible families the first week in June.
Note: For current 8th graders going to York, Summer Bridge program information can be found here.
There have been 2 "New to REACH" Parent Info Nights scheduled to give an overview and information to parents that are new to the program. In addition, we generally have a few experienced parents on hand to provide further insight into the REACH program. Both info nights will cover the same information so parents need only attend one meeting. Meetings are scheduled for:
- Thursday, June 3 @ 7 pm - see presentation from meeting
- Monday, August 23 @ 7 pm
Both meetings will be held on Zoom. Although the meetings will not be recorded, a link to Leslie Weber's presentation will be posted on the REACH website and included in an email after the first meeting. (Zoom Meeting connection details forthcoming.)
Meet Sarah Jensen, 2021-2022 REACH Parent Group Chairperson! We are honored to welcome Sarah Jensen as our new Chairperson.
On Monday, April 5th at 7:00pm, there there was a webinar held to share information for families who are interested in the appeal process or who are new to the district and would like their child assessed for the REACH program for the 2021-2022 school year. Please find the presentation and recording here.
May 14, Friday, 11:30 am, took place on Zoom. Last meeting of the school year!
Topics: Guest, York senior Ava Hollis of Ava’s Summer Science shared the “Positive Impact of the REACH Program” on her life. Leslie Weber gave us updates about appeals and the future of the REACH Program (which is on hold). We also had Q&A with “New to REACH" parents and shared details of 2021-22 Planning. Meeting minutes can be found here.