Support for York High School
York is our community high school. Help make it a place filled with opportunity, enrichment and innovation.
Check with your employer to see if the have a matching gift program to increase your impact.
Created in conjunction with York High School and the D205 Communications & Alumni Relations Department, the Foundation 205 is happy to support this program to recognize and celebrate the incredible contributions of York alumni.
The newly formed York Community High School Alumni Association (YCHSAA) was created as a vehicle to foster communication and camaraderie among its alumni. Make a donation for the ongoing efforts of YCHSAA to enhance connections between York alumni.
The Foundation partners with interested individuals and groups that want to use their resources to benefit York students and help us with our mission of fostering academic excellence in District 205 through providing student opportunities, supporting student achievement and optimizing student engagement. Past and current partnerships include:
York Student Enrichment Team (YSET), Friends of York Baseball, York Distinguished Alumni Program and Alumni Association, York Garden Project, Stadium Turf and Lighting Projects
Foundation 205 proudly supports York High School. As the only high school in our district, all of our students benefit from the resources, programs and initiatives that are supported by the generous donations directed towards Foundation 205.
$50,000 DONATED TO FUND TECHNOLOGY FOR THE NEW BUSINESS INCUBATOR LAB
Foundation 205 was excited to be a primary source of initial funding for York's new Business Incubator program. Offered to juniors and seniors, this class allows students interested in business entreprenership to research, develop and launch their own business.
$80,000 DONATED TO FUND EQUIPMENT IN THE NEW MANUFACTURING LAB
Foundation 205's funding purchased two manual lathes and two manual mills for the new Manufacturing Lab.
Beginning in 2020, the lab has become a key component of the new manufacturing pathway offered at York. It is a place where college bound students work and collaborate with students preparing to pursue trade occupations post high school. This mimics real life working environments, and helps to prepare them for the future.
Since 2015, York STUDENTS HAVE BEEN THE benefICIARY of $200,000 in enhancements!
- $8,000 for new lightening in York's Black Box Dance Studio to provide an elevated performance space for York's performing arts programs
- $5,000 investment in biotech toolkits for DNA discovery to help students dive into the study of molecular genetics
- $45,000 in technology resources (chromebooks, raspberry pi computers, monitors, software, apps and Wi-Fi hotspots)
- Over $50,000 raised for field enhancements by Friends of York Baseball with administrative support from the Foundation
- $5,000 in additional security cameras for wider coverage
- $7,500 to enhance the delivery of science curriculum (materials and modeling kits for biology classes, 3-D printer,new probe interfaces and graphing tools for lab work, support for Science Olympiad)
- $18,000 to enrich project based and future ready learning (flexible seating, whiteboard desks, visual and audio media creation tools, green screen, computer equipment)
- $2,600 in new book titles, $400 for table top games and $1,300 for maker space materials in the Learning Commons
- $6,000 for new rowing machines, paddle boards, and TRX suspension trainers for increased physical fitness options
- $9,700 to bring nationally recognized musicians Stephen Altop and Matt Turner and powerful speaker Chris Herren to York to engage and educate our students and community.
Click here to see a complete list of grants
Foundation 205 received a very generous donation from the Elmhurst community group 100+ Women Who Care in February 2019 to support York's Duke Depot. This program exists to provide personal items, school supplies, and clothing for students that need assistance. These funds will also help York's Student Council to provide identified new students with a backpack containing school supplies and book store gift card. The number of students requiring support for these basic needs continues to grow, and this donation will provide help several years out so that students can come prepared and ready to engage in their education. Make a donation towards this on-going effort at York High School.