Thiems Grants and Study Skills
Foundation 205 is proud to support the Study Skills Academy. Designed and implemented by teachers throughout the district, this program focuses on providing individualized instruction for elementary students who may need additional support with math, reading comprehension, writing and executive functioning skills.
Named in memory of Dr. Russell Thiems, Superintendent of District 205 from 1983 to 1992. Dr. Thiems recognized the need to provide opportunities for students beyond what was possible through tax revenues. He then recruited community members to serve on the Board of Directors, and together they established Foundation 205. Since 1990, over 700 grants have been awarded totaling $1.8 million in Thiems Grants for Elmhurst Public Schools.
Due to the unexpected challenges posed by Covid-19, Foundation 205 has altered the deadline for 2021 grant applications.
- Applications will be accepted between February 12th- March 19th.
- Applications involving technology requests must have a completed Technology Review form in order to be considered. Technology Review forms are due to the technology department by March 5th for advanced review.
- Applications will be reviewed by Foundation 205's Board of Directors in April.
- All applicants will be notified by May 30, 2021.
- Please review our updated guidelines for additional details.
In 2020, Foundation 205 invested over $130,000 into the educational experiences of Elmhurst Public School students through Theims grant program. Click here for a complete list of winners.