Although many things have changed in 2020, one thing remains the same- Elmhurst's long-standing outdoor holiday tree tradition! Now more than ever, let's fill our community with holiday cheer. Order here by September 30th to support Foundation 205 and spread holiday cheer.
We are partnering with a new vendor from Michigan to ensure improved quality and consistency. We are pleased to offer 5-7ft Scotch Pines this year. Dense trees with dark-green needles, Scotch Pines have stiff branches that hold up well to lights and needle retention is excellent.
- Trees are $25 each
- Neighborhood group orders of 4+ trees will receive free delivery
- If you'd like to become a tree captain for your block and organize a group order, please click here for additional information and a sample letter & order form to share with your neighbors
- Not sure if your street has a tree captain already? View this growing list of 2020 volunteers.
We now have an exclusive partnership with City Tree Delivery to provide Elmhurst with exceptional quality and service for their indoor holiday trees!! City Tree Delivery is owned and operated by a local Elmhurst resident and Foundation 205 board member. Since pioneering online Christmas tree delivery, setup, and removal in 2009, City Tree Delivery continues to satisfy customers with the best Fraser Firs and service around. City Tree Delivery focuses on being a responsive, sustainable neighborhood partner. A portion of all Elmhurst sales will benefit Foundation 205. Order Here
Don't forget to support Foundation 205 through Amazon Smile- the same Amazon you know and love supports our schools with a donation for every eligible purchase.
Foundation 205 (formerly known as the D205 Foundation) is a privately funded non-profit organization dedicated to supporting innovation in education and the advancement of excellence in Elmhurst public schools. We build partnerships across our community to enhance the educational opportunities for students at every level throughout our district.
Are you a local business owner looking for opportunities to invest in the future of Elmhurst? Please visit our Elmhurst Community Business Partners website to learn more about the benefits of becoming a Foundation 205 supporter.
In response to the the COVID-19 outbreak, Foundation 205 has launched its Community Response Fund. With your philanthropic support, this fund will allow us to rapidly deploy flexible resources to Elmhurst schools and community based organizations who are at the front lines of the COVID-19 outbreak.
We recognize in this time of uncertainty, that some people are looking for ways to stay connected and involved in our vibrant and strong community. It is our intention to give our Elmhurst residents a safe and effective way to directly support the unique needs of our students and their families.
Foundation 205's COVID-19 Community Response Fund will provide grant funding in three critical areas:
- Food security for D205 students & their families
- Elearning resources & materials
- D205 family support and gap funding
The strength & generosity of the Elmhurst community during this unprecedented time has been overwhelming. Foundation 205's Community Response Fund has raised over $115,000 since its inception. To date, we have made the following grants to support our students and their families:
1. $20,000 to the United Community Concerns Association (UCCA) to provide gift cards to D205 families who need help to purchase daily essentials.
2. $10,000 to the Yorkfield Food Pantry to provide weekly care packages for families over the next 8 weeks and host 3 mobile food pantries in partnership with the Northern Illinois Food Bank.
3. $15,000 to the Elmhurst Walk-In Assistance Network to support emergency relief to Elmhurst families in financial crisis.
4. $9,500 to local restaurants to provide food for student during the week of Spring Break when D205 food service was not available.
5. $5,000 to the District 205 Student Services department to provide Elmhurst students experiencing homelessness with emergency food relief.
6. $15,000 to support the costs associated with providing emergency support to D205 students experiencing economic hardships.
Plans for bringing students back to school in the fall are being finalized. As the specific needs become clear, we will provide a complete report to our supporters and community on how the remaining funds will be distributed.