We are thrilled to announce the winners of our 2020 Thiems grants. We had 45 submissions for a total of $330,000. We are awarding over $130,000 in funds to support innovation and creativity for students in every building.
Enjoy this video created by our Board of Directors and their families to see firsthand the amazing teacher submissions that will be awarded grants this year.
Save the Date
Harlem Wizards vs. D205 All-Star Team- 2020 CANCELLED
Holiday tree sales- orders due by October 20th
Gala 2021- February 6, 2021 at Medinah Country Club
Don't forget to support Foundation 205 through Amazon Smile- the same Amazon you know and love supports our schools with a donation for every eligible purchase.
Foundation 205 (formerly known as the D205 Foundation) is a privately funded non-profit organization dedicated to supporting innovation in education and the advancement of excellence in Elmhurst public schools. We build partnerships across our community to enhance the educational opportunities for students at every level throughout our district.
In response to the the COVID-19 outbreak, Foundation 205 has launched its Community Response Fund. With your philanthropic support, this fund will allow us to rapidly deploy flexible resources to Elmhurst schools and community based organizations who are at the front lines of the COVID-19 outbreak.
We recognize in this time of uncertainty, that some people are looking for ways to stay connected and involved in our vibrant and strong community. It is our intention to give our Elmhurst residents a safe and effective way to directly support the unique needs of our students and their families.
Foundation 205's COVID-19 Community Response Fund will provide grant funding in three critical areas:
- Food security for D205 students & their families
- Elearning resources & materials
- D205 family support and gap funding
The strength & generosity of the Elmhurst community during this unprecedented time has been overwhelming. Foundation 205's Community Response Fund has raised over $115,000 since its inception. To date, we have made the following grants to support our students and their families:
1. $20,000 to the United Community Concerns Association (UCCA) to provide gift cards to D205 families who need help to purchase daily essentials.
2. $10,000 to the Yorkfield Food Pantry to provide weekly care packages for families over the next 8 weeks and host 3 mobile food pantries in partnership with the Northern Illinois Food Bank.
3. $15,000 to the Elmhurst Walk-In Assistance Network to support emergency relief to Elmhurst families in financial crisis.
4. $9,500 to local restaurants to provide food for student during the week of Spring Break when D205 food service was not available.
5. $5,000 to the District 205 Student Services department to provide Elmhurst students experiencing homelessness with emergency food relief.
6. $15,000 to support the costs associated with providing emergency support to D205 students experiencing economic hardships
Plans for supporting students throughout the summer are being finalized. As the specific needs become clear, we will provide a complete report to our supporters and community.
Are you involved with an Elmhurst community organization that would benefit from a grant from the Community Response Fund? If so, please complete this application for consideration. For additional information, please view our guidelines.