A very special thank you to Dr. Doshi and his team for hosting our St Pat's Day parade open house! We blanketed the town with York Duke pride and had a great time participating in this annual Elmhurst tradition.
Save the Date
Harlem Wizards vs. D205 All-Star Team- November 7, 2020 at York High School
Holiday tree sales- orders due by October 20th
Gala 2021- February 6, 2021 at Medinah Country Club
Don't forget to support the D205 foundation through Amazon Smile- the same Amazon you know and love supports our schools with a donation for every eligible purchase.
District 205 Foundation
The D205 Foundation is a privately funded non-profit organization dedicated to supporting innovation in education and the advancement of excellence in Elmhurst public schools. We build awareness, raise funds and award grants to enhance educational opportunities for students at every level throughout our district.
For more information, call 630-617-2328.
In response to the the COVID-19 outbreak, the District 205 Foundation has launched its Community Response Fund. With your philanthropic support, this fund will allow us to rapidly deploy flexible resources to Elmhurst schools and community based organizations who are at the front lines of the COVID-19 outbreak.
We recognize in this time of uncertainty, that some people are looking for ways to stay connected and involved in our vibrant and strong community. It is our intention to give our Elmhurst residents a safe and effective way to directly support the unique needs of our students and their families.
The D205 Foundation's COVID-19 Community Response Fund will provide grant funding in three critical areas:
- Food security for D205 students & their families
- Elearning resources & materials
- D205 family support and gap funding
The strength & generosity of the Elmhurst community during this unprecedented time has been overwhelming. The D205 Foundation's Community Response Fund has raised over $50,000 since its inception. To date, we have made the following grants to support our students and their families:
1. $15,000 to the United Community Concerns Association (UCCA) to provide gift cards to D205 families who need help to purchase daily essentials.
2. $5,000 to the Northern Illinois Food bank to host 3 mobile food pantries over the next month in the Churchville parking lot for D205 families.
3. $9,500 for food distribution for D205 families in need during the week of Spring Break when food service is not available.
4. $10,000 to the Yorkfield Food Pantry to provide weekly care packages for families over the next 8 weeks.
5. $10,000 to the Elmhurst Walk-In Assistance Network to support emergency relief to Elmhurst families in financial crisis
We will continue to collect donations for the Community Response Fund and deploy resources to organizations working on the front lines to help support D205 students and their families throughout the Covid-19 crisis.
Are you involved with an Elmhurst community organization that would benefit from a grant from the Community Response Fund? If so, please complete this application for consideration. For additional information, please view our guidelines.