D205 Boundary information Center
Welcome to Elmhurst Community Unit School District 205's Boundary Information Center. Our goal is to help parents and realtors better determine which elementary and middle school boundaries a particular address falls in. All students attend York High School for their freshman through senior years.
See the map below for our current boundaries. Please note that this tool is for informational purposes only. You should check with the District Office at (630) 834-4530 to confirm your boundaries.
Effective June 1, 2022: D205 BOARD APPROVES NEW EDISON ELEMENTARY BOUNDARY
As promised, in connection with the passage of the 2018 Referendum, the D205 School Board voted on March 19 to approve a minor boundary adjustment for Edison Elementary School. The adjustment would take effect on June 1, 2022. Until that time, no boundary changes will take place. No current students will be impacted.
The proposed change will help boost enrollment at Edison Elementary School and further help to balance class sizes throughout the district. The recommended adjustment is as follows:
Effective June 1, 2022, any family that purchases a home on the east side of York Avenue and north side of St. Charles Road and either side of Harrison Street, going north to the south side of Butterfield Road will be subject to the five provisions listed below.
The new boundary provisions supported by the Board include the following:
- Boundary adjustments will take affect based on purchase date of the home. Homes purchased on or after June 1, 2022 will be subject to the new boundaries.
- Families that purchased their homes prior to June 1, 2022 that live in the affected boundary areas outlined below will have the choice of attending Edison Elementary School or their current school
- Families in the current Hawthorne Elementary School attendance area, who reside on the east side of Kenmore Avenue, will attend Edison. Families who reside between the east side of York Road and the west side of Kenmore Avenue that currently attend Hawthorne will have the choice of attending either Hawthorne or Edison
- Families living on either side of Harrison Street, going north to the south side of Butterfield Road, that are currently bused to Jackson, will be bused to Edison
- Affected families in item four (4) will have their choice of attending either Bryan or Sandburg middle schools