The goal of the Physical Education Program is to develop students who take personal responsibility for their own health and physical fitness for a lifetime. Our programs are designed to help all students assess, monitor and improve their own levels of health and fitness. We provide choices of physical activity that include individual and team sports, indoor and outdoor activity, fitness activities, dance, and team building challenges. Our programs incorporate the latest technology and extend beyond the walls of the gymnasium, into the students’ classrooms, home, and community.
According to the National Association for Sport and Physical Education, a physically educated person:
- Demonstrates competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities
- Demonstrates understanding of movement concepts, principals, strategies, and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities
- Participates regularly in physical activity
- Achieves and maintains a health-enhancing level of physical fitness
- Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings
- Values physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction
Additional information on the healthy fitness zone can be found here.