SUPERINTENDENT SEARCH OVERVIEW
Elmhurst Community Unit School District 205 is conducting a search for a superintendent to lead our organization, at the direction of the Board of Education, to begin work in approximately July 2021.
The Board of Education will make this selection decision with the assistance of an executive search firm, School Exec Connect of Oak Park, IL and internal human resources professionals. The Board of Education is providing opportunities for the engaged public to provide input through various methods: an online survey, online forums, and an email option, to share desired characteristics of a future superintendent.
Superintendent Search Survey Now Closed
The Board of Education welcomes your input as we begin our search for a new Superintendent for Elmhurst Community Unit School District 205. We will use the information gathered in focus groups, open forums, and an online survey to create a profile of our next leader.
The survey was open to all staff, parents, middle/high school students, and community members.
All responses are anonymous and confidential.
Each person should respond only once, though each member of a family may respond.
The survey is designed to allow one response per device.
The survey will be available from February 3-19.
The schedule below represents multiple opportunities for faculty/staff, parents, students, and community members to meet with the School Exec Connect consultants to provide input for the Board. Sessions will take place between February 8-19.
Focus groups for faculty/staff and parents are organized by school, but you may attend another session if it is more convenient. We ask, however, that you attend a session designated for your group – staff, parents, administrators, students, community members. Please attend only one focus group.
Focus groups will be conducted via Zoom; links will be available through your principal or through the District website.
All discussions will be moderated by Dr. Linda Yonke and/or Dr. Tim Shimp, consultants from School Exec Connect. Responses are confidential and anonymous.
Results from the survey, focus groups, and community forums will be compiled into a report that will be presented to the Board on February 24 along with a New Superintendent Profile.
Please feel free to contact the School Exec Connect consultants with additional questions:
Schedule: Community Engagement: February 8-19
- Feb. 8 - 3:30 p.m. Focus Group – Bryan/Jefferson faculty/staff;
- Feb 8 - 7:00 p.m. Focus Group – Bryan/Jefferson parents
- Feb. 9 - 3:30 p.m. Focus Group – Lincoln/Madison faculty/staff
- Feb. 9 - 7:00 pm. Focus Group – Lincoln/Madison parents
- Feb. 10 - 7:00 a.m. Focus Group - York H.S. faculty/staff
- Feb. 10 - 3:30 p.m. Focus Group - York H.S. faculty/staff
- Feb. 10 - 6:00 p.m. Focus Group – York students
- Feb. 10 - 7:00 p.m. Focus Group - York H.S. parents
- Feb. 11- 3:30 p.m. Focus Group - Sandburg/Hawthorne faculty/staff
- Feb. 11 - 7:00 p.m. Focus Group - Sandburg/Hawthorne parents
- Feb. 12 - 1:30 p.m. Focus Group – District Administration
- Feb. 13 - 10:00 a.m. Community Forum
- Feb. 13 - 12:00 p.m. Middle School students
- Feb. 15 - 7:30 p.m. Community Forum
- Feb. 16 - 3:30 p.m. Focus group - Jefferson/Jackson faculty/staff
- Feb. 16 - 1:00 p.m. Focus group - District principals
- Feb. 16 - 7:00 p.m. Focus group - Jefferson/Jackson parents
- Feb. 17 - 3:30 p.m. Focus Group - Edison/Field
- Feb. 17 - 7:00 p.m. Focus Group - Edison/Field parents
- Feb. 18 - 3:30 p.m. Focus Group – Churchville/Emerson/Fischer faculty/staff
- Feb. 18 - 12:00 p.m. Focus Group - District support staff
- Feb. 18 - 7:00 p.m. Focus Group – Churchville/Emerson/Fischer parents
- Feb. 19 - 10:00 a.m. Focus Group - Key Communicators