Public Comment Procedure
Public Comment Procedures:
In accordance with Board Policy 2.230, members of the public may provide public comment at the meeting, where the speaker is allocated up to 3-minutes. The Board President has set up to 30-minutes as the length of time for the public comment section of Board meetings, unless the specific Board meeting agenda indicates otherwise.
Beginning at the December 14, 2021 Board of Education meeting, an updated public comment procedure will be in place. The details of the updated process for public comments are below, so as to create clear and consistent procedures for our entire community.
Public Comment Process
- A numbered sign-in sheet will be available at the Board meeting for all speakers to sign up to speak prior to the start of the meeting. Sample
- Sign-up sheets will be available starting at 6:30 p.m. for Board meetings and 5:00 p.m. for Committee meetings.
- Speakers will now be called by number using a random number generator application to determine the order of the public comment speakers.
- The random number generated will be visible during the Board meeting using the screen in the Boardroom.
- Once a random number is generated, the board secretary will call the speaker's name that correlates with the number on the sign-in sheet.
Click here to obtain the meeting agenda. The Board Meetings continue to be live-streamed for viewing on the District’s website.