Board Governance Action Plan
The District 205 Board of Education has the primary role to oversee and enhance governance integrity and to establish policy.
Goal 1: Ensure all Board policies are in regulatory compliance and reflect local practices.
- Strategy 1: Review and update the Board policy manual.
- Utilize the services of IASB to ensure that all board policies:
- meet all legal standards.
- reflect best practice.
- are in alignment with IASB policy categories.
Goal 2: Ensure effective governance through strategic and operational oversight.
- Strategy 1: Monitor the operations of the district to ensure organizational vision, mission, goals, and strategic outcomes are achieved.
- Review, discuss and approve the district annual budget.
- Evaluate all administrative recommendations against metrics for plan implementation specifics, feasibility, and fiscal responsibility/accountability.
- Evaluate all committee recommendations against metrics for plan implementation specifics, feasibility, and fiscal responsibility/accountability.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of initiatives and decisions on student achievement.
- Strategy 2: Utilize committee structures necessary to maximize strategic plan results.
- Appoint standing committees as needed.
- Identify opportunities for Board committees to advance the district’s performance.
- Strategy 3: Enhance organizational success through professional development.
- Participate in professional growth activities to aid in understanding current issues affecting education, operations of the district, and legislative initiatives.