- MS Office Professional 2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher) - D205 Staff can purchase Office 2007 Professional at a reduced rate. Other software is also available at a reduced cost.
- Kidspiration 3 - Teachers can install at home. Check out CD from librarian.
- Inspiration 8 - Teachers can install at home. Check out CD from librarian
- PhotoStory 3 - Digital Storytelling software
- Audacity - Free software for PC based computers. (You will need to associate to the lame.dll file to be able to export in MP3 format.)
- Google Earth - Free software that offers maps and satellite images
- Adobe Reader - Free software to read .pdf files
- Kid Pix 4 - Elementary and EC only
Middle Schools Only
- Adobe Premiere Elements and Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 - Computer Labs Only. Reduced rates available at JourneyEd.com
- Google Sketch Up - Free software to create 3D objects
No Cost Applications
The applications below are available for all computers unless otherwise noted. These are applications that are available to the user at no cost. While all are available for PC computers, some are also available for Macs.
- Audacity - Audacity works much like a tape recorder. Being a digital format, it is much easier to edit. Audacity will save the sound file as a file that is only able to be opened in Audacity. However, you can export your project as other file formats such as an MP3 file which can be imported into programs such as PhotoStory 3. A student login will automatically allow for exporting a sound file in a variety of formats. A teacher login needs to be associated with another file before the exporting feature will work. Instructions on how to associate this file is linked below.
- Format Factory - Format Factory converts media files to other formats, can sometimes repair a damaged video or audio file, reduces multimedia files size and supports ipod multimedia file formats. It can also be used to rip a DVD but should only be used within copyright/fair use restrictions.
- GIMP - (GNU Image Manipulation Program-pronounced JIMP) GIMP is a photo editing and paint program. The paint tools work about the same as those in KidPix so many students should be familiar with them. The photo editing tools will allow you to resize photos as well as a host of specials effects.
- Google Earth - Lets you fly anywhere on Earth to view satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, deep into outer space and the canyons of the oceans. Teacher machines can request upgrades to Google Earth Pro after obtaining a key.
- Google Sketch Up - Sketch Up is a 3d modeling program.
- PhotoStory 3
- SMART Technologies
- Skype - Text, audio and video chat. The most recent version (184.108.40.206) also allows you to share your computer screen.
Available for Teacher Check-Out
- Inspiration / Kidspiration (Staff Only) - See your building librarian to check out the CD.
- SMART Notebook 11 - Check with Tech Help to receive key