· Demonstrates comprehension of current Spanish vocabulary
· Responds in Spanish to simple commands, questions and vocabulary cues
· Identifies the customs and cultural celebrations of Spanish speaking countries
· Uses Spanish to make connections and to reinforce knowledge and skills in areas of literacy, numeracy, social studies, and science
· Participates readily and voluntarily in everyday activities
Topics Covered Include: Greetings and expressions of emotion ; days/months/weather; numbers 1-31; clothing articles; families; places in town and modes of transportation.