Grade 9 through Grade 12
Elmhurst Community Unit School District 205 provides instruction on Internet safety as a part of regular instruction in grades 3-12. This curriculum will focus on 7 basic strands.
- Safe and responsible use of social networking, websites, chat rooms, electronic mail, bulletin boards, instant messaging, etc.
- Recognizing, avoiding and reporting online solicitations by sexual predators.
- Risks of transmitting personal information on the Internet.
- Recognizing and avoiding unsolicited or deceptive online communication.
- Recognizing and reporting online harassment and cyberbullying.
- Reporting illegal online activities and communications.
- Understanding copyright laws on written materials, photographs, music and video.
- Lisa Madigan Launches Cyberbullying Site - NEW!
- D205 High School Internet Resources Wiki
- Internet Safety Tips for Teens - Lisa Madigan's Office
|9-12||Online Safety Tips for Teens - Lisa Madigan's Office has produced a set of tips that cover many aspects of Internet Safety including uncomfortable situations, physical danger, financial danger, harassment, accountability for online behavior, etc. Review as a group. Also available in PowerPoint form.||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|9-12||B4U Copy / B4U Copy Quiz - - Students or whole group take an online quiz to understand copyright information.
Copyright Comic - Save a copy to your local server and then have students read online
|* Additional Internet Safety information is provided at all levels through classroom teachers as appropriate to curriculum work.|