Who we are and what we do
REACH PTA is a parent group dedicated to supporting gifted and talented programs in District 205 and encouraging higher level educational opportunities for all District 205 students. Our board consists of one or two representatives from each elementary and middle school. We are a sub-group of the District 205 PTA Council.
REACH PTA receives funds on an annual basis from each PTA in District 205. These funds have been used to...
- Sponsor speakers for parents, assemblies and trips for students, including an annual 6th grade REACH LA Shakespeare Theater trip.
- Underwrite the “Transitions to High School” program for 8th grade students.
- Purchase higher-level reading materials and study guides for each elementary classroom in District 205.
- Provide the “Logic Links” game to every 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade classroom in District 205.
- Supply math materials to middle school classrooms.
- Aid teachers in buying educational resources for elementary level REACH classrooms.
- Sponsor "Science Spectacular" events for all District 205 middle school students.
Our aim is to continue to sponsor programs and events for the benefit of District 205 Reach participants and parents as well as the entire District 205 population.
Common Core Standards
Find more information with these links:
National PTA: http://www.pta.org/common_core_state_standards.asp
Illinois State Board of Education: http://www.isbe.net/common_core/
Common Core Standards Initiative: http://www.corestandards.org/the-standards